Asking for and Giving Directions
How do I get to …?
What's the best way to …?
Where is …?
Go straight on (until you come to …).
Turn back./Go back.
Turn left/right (into …-street).
Go along …
Take the first/second road on the left/right
It's on the left/right.
at the end (of)
on/at the corner
in front of
(just) around the corner
What's the best way to the post office? (Use the map for orientation.)
- Excuse me, where is the post office, please?
- at the next corner.
- Then until you come to the traffic lights.
- The post office is the cinema.
Fill in the words below correctly. (Use the map for orientation.)
continue, end, excuse, get, left (2x), next, opposite, right, second, straight on, thank, turn, welcome
- me, how do I to the cinema?
- Go .
- Turn at the corner.
- Then take the road on your .
- to the of the road.
- left there.
- The cinema is on your , the castle.
- you very much.
- You're .